- Clinically Inane will be at Emerald City Comicon! We’ll be in the new Podcast Zone with a live show on Sunday at 3:15
Highlights from Curtis:
As my collection grows I’ve started switching from print to digital (with the exception of a few books still in print). I feel it’s important to make that delineation in my highlights from now on:
- Batman #16 – (W) Tony King (A) David Finch – As Batman prepares to help Gotham Girl regain her sanity, Bane begins his revenge plan…
- Hawkeye #3 – (W) Kelly Thompson (A) Leonardo Romero – The story of the (clearly better) Hawkeye continues as they address more pertinent real life issues of today such as cyber stalking, online threats, and more.
Highlights from Sarah:
- Goldie Vance #9 – (W) Hope Larson (A) Noah Hayes – Goldie is back with a new story arc, a new artist, and the same ol’ investigative prowess. Her newest adventure seats Ms. Vance behind the wheel of a race car, challenged by her arch nemesis Sugar Maple, naturally. I love this book because the dialogue and relationships are witty and dynamic, and while it takes heavy cues from teenage detective mainstays like Veronica Mars and Harriet the Spy, Larson’s sharp writing revs new spark into those well-worn tropes.
- Paper Girls #11 – (W) Brian K. Vaughan (A) Cliff Chang – Paper Girls returns to kick off the third story arc! Perfect timing, too, as Vaughan’s other comic, Saga, just wrapped an arc and heads into a two-month hiatus. The story is kind of like the Netflix show Stranger Things, only instead of superimposed dimensions, these young women must conquer reality-distorting time-travel. And pterodactyls. But hey, at least they find their missing friend (sort of)! I love this book because I have never once been able to predict what is going to happen next.
Curtis’ Full Comic Pulls List:
Sarah’s Full Comic Pulls List: