- The guys got politically active in this week’s podcast.
Highlights from Curtis:
As my collection grows I’ve started switching from print to digital (with the exception of a few books still in print). I feel it’s important to make that delineation in my highlights from now on:
- Saga #42 – (W) Brian K. Vaughan (A) Fiona Staples – Everything is totally fine and not going horrifically wrong. Vaughan probably isn’t planning on destroying our hearts with the end of this arc.
Highlights from Sarah:
- Ladycastle #1 – (W) Delilah S. Dawson (A) Ashley A. Woods – King Mancastle (I kid you not) and his best buds not only managed to get themselves all killed trying to fight a dragon, said dragon then curses their hometown for good measure. This is not their story. This is the story of the women they abandoned to deal with their mess– a blacksmith-turned King, a Princess-turned Captain of the Guard, and the village they train to take on new roles and defend themselves.
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #15 – (W) Amy Reeder (A) Natacha Bustos – A super exciting guest appearance from the new Invincible Iron Man, Riri Williams, means twice the rocket power, twice the brain power, and twice the number of black girl science magician butt-kickings!
- Saga #42 – (W) Brian K. Vaughan (A) Fiona Staples – Another chapter in the life of Hazel comes to a close this week. “The War For Phang” has been one of the darker, more unforgiving arcs of the series so far, as well as a touching treatise on the capacity for violence within an individual. The foreshadowingly-heavy theme of the importance of family has me very concerned about the fallout from today’s issue.
Curtis’ Full Comic Pulls List:
Sarah’s Full Comic Pulls List: